There is really not a great deal of time left to claim for certain damages you could be entitled to receive if you were one of those affected by the 2019 New Year’s Honours List data breach.
We have successfully recovered compensation arising from the incident, and if you were notified of your involvement, there is still time to claim. However, one of the deadlines expires next month and that could alter what you may be entitled to receive. You may still have a claim after this period has expired, but it could affect what you may be entitled to.
Your Lawyers is a leading firm of Data Leak Lawyers, pursuing compensation claims for breaches for thousands of people. This includes in over 50 group and multi-party actions that we have launched, and we have recovered over £1m for data breach clients alone since 2014. We are here to help, and you can speak to the team for free, no-obligation advice here now.
About the 2019 New Year’s Honours List data breach
The 2019 New Year’s Honours List data breach involved the addresses of people honoured being accidentally published online. Whilst it is common for certain details of recipients to be presented in the public domain, consent had not been given for personal addresses to be included.
This apparent oversight, labelled as a “complete disaster” at the time, resulted in the personal information of over 1,000 recipients being exposed. The list reportedly included members of the 2019 Cricket World Cup Team, Sir Elton John and Olivier Newton-John.
This data leak was a major event as the year of 2019 was seen out, and it is worrying that such a simple error could cause such a significant leak of information. That being said, little did we know that 2020 would be the start of a different kind of world entirely. Whilst the New Year’s Honours List data breach rounded off what had been another year of incidents, leaks and hacks, it was also just months before much of the world came to a halt from the spreading coronavirus pandemic. The pandemic has gone on to result in swathes of breaches as hackers have sought to capitalise on increased vulnerabilities, and many people have suffered as a result.
Successful legal action
Whilst we cannot go into detail in terms of cases that we deal with, we can confirm that we have always been satisfied that victims of this breach could be entitled to claim compensation. This is why we have been prepared to represent anyone affected by the incident who is eligible to claim with us on a No Win, No Fee basis.
We are pleased to confirm that we have been able to successfully resolve legal action that we have taken arising from the data breach. Anyone else who has not yet claimed but wishes to do so should contact the team as a matter of urgency and we will see if we can help you.
Claim now or risk missing out
There is still time to claim compensation as a victim of the 2019 New Year’s Honours List data breach. However, for certain parts of a case like this where a personal injury may have been sustained, you usually only have three years from the date of an incident to pursue a claim. This is about to expire, so we cannot guarantee we can claim certain damages for a new case. That being said, you could still be eligible to pursue damages for distress for a longer period of time, but we always recommend that you speak to us as soon as you can.
For free, no-obligation advice, please contact the team here now.
IMPORTANT: advice on this page is intended to be up-to-date for the 'first published date'.
Request a call back from our team
Fill out our quick call back form below and we'll contact you when you're ready to talk to us.
All fields marked with an * are required.
First published by Author on November 03, 2021
Posted in the following categories: Claims Data GDPR Government Group Action Latest Security Technology and tagged with compensation | data breach | data controllers | data leak | gdpr | Group Action | online security | personal data